iSWOOP will give thousands of visitors an opportunity to see aspects of the park that are not usually visible. Through programs interpreters offer using images on the iSWOOP cart, visitors will have the chance to:
- Learning about and respond to scientists’ visualizations about park phenomena
- Use visual literacy strategies for making sense of visual data and graphics, e.g., thermal imagery
- Share their questions and observations
iSWOOP will generate for NPS:
- A model for increasing communication among visitors, scientists, and interpreters;
- Cadres of interpreters with increased knowledge of park-based science;
- Cadres of interpreters with access to and and repertoire of strategies for explaining scientists’ visual data to park visitors.